Recipe: IBERIAN HAM AND MASCARPONE CHEESE PIZZA
Author: Carlos Sabido
- 400 gr. of flour
- 20 gr. of yeast
- 100 ml. of lukewarm water
- 150 gr. of mascarpone cheese
- 200 gr. of crushed tomato
- 50 gr. of Iberian ham
- Mozzarella, basil and garlic
- Salt and black pepper
DIRECTIONS FOR 4 SERVINGS
- Knead the flour with the yeast, previously dissolved in lukewarm water and the salt. Work it until obtaining a uniform dough. Form a ball and let rest covered with a damp cloth at room temperature during 2 hours.
- Mix the crushed tomato with the basil and garlic chopped, the pepper and the salt.
- Once passed the 2 hours, spread the dough with a rolling pin and a bit of flour sprinkled over the table where we are going to work, until obtain a thin sheet. Put it over an oven tray previously lubricated with oil, and cook at 200º for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and spray it with the tomato until it gets covered. Put the mascarpone cheese in pieces, the mozzarella and the ham cut in thin slices.
- Cook for another 15 minutes until it browns.
- As a variant you may replace the Iberian ham with Iberian loin.